I wanted to share with you all one of my favorite Red Velvet recipes. I came across this recipe on bettycroker.com It’s delicious and simple to make. Let me know what you guys think 🙂
Preparation time: 20 min Total time: 3 hours Servings: 16
- 24 -thin chocolate wafer cookies (from 9-oz package), crushed (1 1/4 cups)
- 3-tablespoons butter, melted
- 2-packages (8 oz each) plus 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1-cup granulated sugar
- 1/4-cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2-teaspoons vanilla
- 2-tablespoons red food color
- 1/2-cup whipping cream
- 1-tablespoon granulated or powdered sugar
- Chocolate curls, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Place foil baking cup in each of 16 regular-size muffin cups. In small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and melted butter. Divide crumb mixture among cups. With back of spoon, firmly press cookie crumbs in bottom of each foil cup.
- 2 In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in 1 cup granulated sugar and the cocoa until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and food color. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Divide batter evenly among baking cups (cups will be almost full).
- 3 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until centers are firm. Cool 15 minutes (cheesecake centers will sink while cooling). Refrigerate in baking cups at least 1 hour; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour longer before serving.
- 4 In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Spoon whipped cream on chilled cheesecakes. Just before serving, garnish with chocolate curls. Cover and refrigerate any remaining cheesecakes.
Feel free to share some of your favorite red velvet recipes!
Disclaimer: This recipe was found on bettycrocker.com. I am not claiming any photo rights.